Ublox Neo-6m gps not detected

Hi,

This is my first quad, and my first experience with APM so forgive my newbieness…

I bought a APM 3.1, the small square version, with a Ublox Neo-6m gps and compass. So far I have set it all up according to how it should be, but the GPS won’t get a fix. The compass works fine, and the GPS module displays a dim red light that flickers occasionally. Whereas the board will flash a blue light for a couple of seconds then it just turns into the red flashing light, indicating it isn’t armed. In stabilise mode it arms fine and flies well. But still no GPS. I’ve tied sitting outside for a while but nothing. All the GPS values in mission planner are 0, 0 satellites, 0 long, 0 lat etc. Just seems that no information is coming from the GPS. I bought it off ebay and it stated that is was pre flashed, and Im running a baud rate for the GPS of 115200.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Many thanks

@james_addison,
The baud rate in the firmware for the GPS is 38,400 baud, not 115,000.
Regards,
TCIII GM

No luck I’m afraid, I did try different rates and they don’t work. I initially had 115200 because of this:

“uper Bright LED
BlackPlane with Standard Mk style mounting holes 45mm X 45mm
Blox Neo 6M Chipset
38400 bps (Default) Changed to 115200bps !
Output GGA, GSA and RMC frames”

From the website I bought it from.
My APM’s blue led only blinks for a second then never comes on again.

@james_addison,
It looks like it is programmed for NMEA sentences (GGA/etc) and not binary as is required by the ArduCopter firmware, though I believe that you can change the transmission protocol in Mission Planner for the GPS input.
Regards,
TCIII GM