I would like to upload the GNSS databases (almanacs) to my GPS (Matek M9N-CAN).
With a directly connected GPS, there are several ways:
- MAVProxy with ublox module (https://ardupilot.org/mavproxy/docs/modules/ublox.html)
- Serial port forwarding and using u-center
- MAVSerial Pass from Mission planner and connecting u-center to 127.0.0.1:500
For NTRIP it’s already working via UAVCAN, but I found no way for updating the database, did I miss something?
Options could be
- Serial-passthrough in AP_Periph, to allow connecting a serial console on the exposed uart and being able to access the GPS uart from there.
- to connect mission planner to the AP_Periph and using MAVSerial Pass.
- direct access from the FC to the AP_Periph’s UART. Then it could be possible via the MAVProxy ublox module or via u-center proxied by mission planner
https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/8508 looks if it could help there (?)
Is that something useful also for others? As my copter has a GSM modem, it would be nice to be able to push that via MAVProxy