iMetalx is a mission-driven engineering company developing extreme environment autonomous systems based in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in Sausalito Shipyard. iMetalx principals have developed many system engineering platforms for DoD and commercial applications ranging from BVLOS VTOL drones, UUVs, renewable energy systems, and innovated underwater data centers.
Position Responsibilities: Full Time Position in Sausalito, California
- Experience with Unmanned Vehicles: Ardupilot, PX4, RC Aircraft, Multi-thread Software
- Full-spectrum Systems Engineering Support to Open System Architectures.
- Experience in Multiple Software packages.
- Using C/C++ to architect, develop, and implement software for embedded Linux hardware
- Supporting hardware development: proficiency across multiple engineering domains, including software, embedded electronics, power electronics, RF, and systems engineering.
- Develop Applications include device drivers, Linux kernel modules, network stack development, porting existing software to new embedded platforms, and other low-level programming activities
- Integrating other systems, sensors, and components into autonomous systems
- Assist in the review of existing electrical/mechanical/system standards for Open Architecture systems
- Supporting internal and external engineering activities, including travel to test locations, military facilities, and customer sites to directly supporting the testing, evaluation, and deployment.
- Writing technical proposals
- Quickly prototype and develop proof of concepts.
- Work closely with other engineers spanning multiple disciplines in a small, informal team environment.
- Conduct research and development on state-of-the-art autonomous UAV systems (drones)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience
- At least 1 year of work/internship experience developing software for embedded Linux systems in C/C++
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or a related field
- Experience with Linux kernel and kernel module development and Linux driver development (wireless, network stack)
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting
- Experience with network application development (e.g. VoIP, streaming H.264)
- Experience with Android application development
- Ability to work with a great deal of autonomy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills