TX16S channels above 12

Hi,

I’m new to all this. Why RC channels above 12 don’t respond on radio TX switches/sliders?
1-12 are moving as expected, but any I’m setting on channels 13-16 in ArduPilot have no effect.

UPD: Radio is a TX16S MKII MAX ELRS version running EdgeTX 2.7.1.
RC is Matek ELRS-R24-D. I couldn’t find any data regarding how many channels it supports. Just assumed that if they both ELRS natively, they both should support the same number of channels

ELRS FW is 2.5.1 on both of them.

Not sure why you would want a stick on those channels but it works fine when I assign one to Chan 14. TX16S with EdgeTx but I’m sure OpenTx would be the same if that’s what you are using.

Might be receiver related. Does your RC receiver support channels 13-16?

1 Like

What receiver are you using?

Did I said sticks? Of cource I meant switches)
And more data, right.
Radio is a TX16S MKII MAX ELRS version running EdgeTX 2.7.1.
RC is Matek ELRS-R24-D. I couldn’t find any data regarding how many channels it supports. Just assumed that if they both ELRS natively, they both should support the same number of channels

ELRS FW is 2.5.1 on both of them.

ELRS only supports 12 channels.

Oh, Hell(
Totally overwatched that and don’t remember Joshua to mention this(
Thanks for the clue!
But how is that possible? The TX has 16 switches/sticks/sliders sharp. ArduPilot shoes me 16 rc channels, and the last two even shaking, as if it receives something.
Gonna dig around ELRS limitation then.
UPD: may be try to mix several switches into one channel. And how am I gonna decode this in ArduPilot? Let’s play(c)

Your confusing the radio with the RF module, the radio can do 16 channels, so if you put a 16ch module in like an frsky XJT you would get 16 channels. But your ELRS module only supports 12 channels so thats all your getting out of the ELRS receiver.

2 Likes

Yeap, I see that now

1 Like

Installed ExpressLRS 3 rc. It has 16 channels. Yeah!)

Not supported in AP yet though. Still waiting for my ELRS kit to arrive …

Umm… Looks working in Copter 4.2.2

Ignore me, the 12 channel limitation was on the TBS side, not the AP side - CRSF has always supported 16 channels in the protocol

I have TX16S with Radiomaster ELRS external module.
and Matek F405 WTE with built in ELRS receiver.

for some reason, Channel 5 is full on and full off (1000 or 2000) only, on MP radio servo view. and not proportional.
where as all other channel are proportional.

is this ELRS rx problem or just Matek problem?

channel 5 is reserved for Arming on ELRS , it wont work properly until channel 5 is set high.

Yeap, channel 5 is always only 1 bit in ELRS.