Tuning hexacopter

Hi,

I have RCTimer’s F800 hexacopter with APM 2.6 and FW 3.1 running it with 2x 5000mAh 6S lipos.
I want to use it for filming so i want it to be stable before mounting expensive camera.

It flies stable but i had some issues i want to fix.
I done autotune, but im not sure if new pids are better, it set them very high,
Autotune was done in first datalog. Data log seems strange… it is missing parameters in beginning, and i’m not sure what happend between min 9 to 14.
At the end of this log i had i crash. I was flying left and right (more aggressively) and i already leveled the copter then it made 90 degres roll (kinda scary seeing this in air) on its own, but as seen in log it managed to level back, but lost altitude, almost landed perfectly, but when i landed the landing gear touched the ground and fliped the copter on side and than on head. Luckily nothing break. What can be the cause of that 90 degres roll? some motors or esc failed?

After cleaning the blades i flied util batteries were empty, to see if failsafe is working :slight_smile:.
Then i changed batteries with new ones. The is one spike in altitude at 14 min (ThrOut at 100%)

I flied some more next day (last log). You can see 2 huge spikes in altitude in min 7 and min 8. You can see copter gainig 20m on its own (I see the ThrOut jumps to 100%). This is happening when i fly it at some speed and than try to stop it. This can be seen in all logs.
I also landed on side again, when wigling the copter left and right. I think the pids are way to high for this kind of copter?

Also the altitude hold in althold and loiter is not that good. Even when i leave the copter to hover, it is gaining and losing altitude way too much.

What would you suggest to fix this issues?

Thanks in advance!

This are the logs (uplouded them to dropbox due to file sizes):
flight one:
2014-02-20 16-04.log
2014-02-20 16-29.log
flight two:
2014-02-20 16-40.log
flight three:
2014-02-21 15-01.log

[quote]I done autotune, but im not sure if new pids are better, it set them very high,
Autotune was done in first datalog. Data log seems strange… it is missing parameters in beginning, and i’m not sure what happend between min 9 to 14.
At the end of this log i had i crash. I was flying left and right (more aggressively) and i already leveled the copter then it made 90 degres roll (kinda scary seeing this in air) on its own, but as seen in log it managed to level back, but lost altitude, almost landed perfectly, but when i landed the landing gear touched the ground and fliped the copter on side and than on head. Luckily nothing break. What can be the cause of that 90 degres roll? some motors or esc failed?[/quote]
This may help… I experienced similar episodes with my quad and hex using APM and Pixhawk after using fresh AT (autotune) values, which also, were much higher than my attempts at achieving manual tuning. I finally remembered in previous posts, that these AT values should be seen as the highest allowable values… When I reduced these AT values down 30% to start with, I had no more of these episodes… You can increase these incrementally as needed once you obtain stability…