Trying to build master

Am trying to build the master with Qt5 on Ubuntu 14. It does not build with the following errors:

ed@ubuntu:~/dev/Qt/apm_planner$ qmake qgroundcontrol.proProject MESSAGE: Qt version 5.2.1
Project MESSAGE: Linux build x64_86
Project MESSAGE: Release flavor
Project MESSAGE: BASEDIR /home/ed/dev/Qt/apm_planner DESTDIR /home/ed/dev/Qt/apm_planner/release TARGET apmplanner2
/home/ed/dev/Qt/apm_planner/QGCExternalLibs.pri:379: Extra characters after test expression.
Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: script declarative webkit phonon svg

I noticed in the readme that Bill recently updated, that the necessary dependent packages for Qt5 have not yet been specified. I suspect this is my problem so any chance someone can tell me what the necessary dependent packages are? If that is not my problem then can someone please advise?

BTW I have already installed the dependent packages for Qt4 that are already in the readme.

Also BTW I had to delete the empty plugins.qmltypes in the Webkit package which was also throwing an error when I tried to build.

thanks,

-ed

I would suggest making sure you build is clean and your checkout is clean

see gist.github.com/billbonney/76de0f1a2e79f3a8a1a5 for how to clean up git and build error

OR
Just delete the directory and clone a new clean repo.

I’ll try it again, but note that everything I did was virgin including setting up Ubuntu. This was the very first time I’ve built APM planner on Ubuntu so I suspect there is some package necessary for qt5 that has not been installed on my machine and is not documented in the readme.

-ed

That’s right, the Qt5 packages required are differently named.

We will get the readme instructions updated soon.

Bill,

Syned with the master and using the updated README file I have now installed the specified packages and the build got much further. Am now failing the link with the error:

cannot find -lGL

I’m assuming this is the OpenGL library. I tried installing freeglut3-dev to no avail. Do you have any suggestions?

thanks,

-ed

Not sure what munged my libGL, perhaps the installation of Qt, but I was able to get it resolved and build the master branch successfully on ubuntu.