Troubles with Loiter and RTL - sometimes

Hallo, I have troubles with my quad. It is about Loiter and RTL.

Sometimes everything works OK - switching to loiter mean quad is stable in position; switching to RTL mean quad take correct height (by settings), change orientation (by settings - I use changing front to the home), then quad fly above place of landing and starts landing.
But!
Sometimes it doesn´t works. Switching to RTL, quad start to fly above place of landing but starts to make spirals falling down, and I´m affraid continuing in spiral will finish at crash. Sometimes spirals starts imediately after switching to RTL. Sometimes quad changes orientation (front to the place of landing), sometimes not. And every this situation can be during one fly!
Similar problem is with Loiter, sometimes is OK, sometimes starts fly at spirals.

I have settings to 1m radius of circle.

My quad is TBS variation, you can see it at my web rcweb.cz/aktual/131203_tbsclone.html … but it is Czech language.

Some other information: Arduflyer 2.5, Afro ESC, all connectors of ESC are connected to the Arduflyer.

I tried to find some information and answers at copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common … using_Logs too. May be I have few satelites (7-9).

See attached log. First RTL was OK, other was bad (with spiral flying).

I´m quite unhappy of this. If somebody can help, thank you.

[quote=“pad73”]Hallo, I have troubles with my quad. It is about Loiter and RTL.

Sometimes everything works OK - switching to loiter mean quad is stable in position; switching to RTL mean quad take correct height (by settings), change orientation (by settings - I use changing front to the home), then quad fly above place of landing and starts landing.
But!
Sometimes it doesn´t works. Switching to RTL, quad start to fly above place of landing but starts to make spirals falling down, and I´m affraid continuing in spiral will finish at crash. Sometimes spirals starts imediately after switching to RTL. Sometimes quad changes orientation (front to the place of landing), sometimes not. And every this situation can be during one fly!
Similar problem is with Loiter, sometimes is OK, sometimes starts fly at spirals.

I have settings to 1m radius of circle.

My quad is TBS variation, you can see it at my web rcweb.cz/aktual/131203_tbsclone.html … but it is Czech language.

Some other information: Arduflyer 2.5, Afro ESC, all connectors of ESC are connected to the Arduflyer.

I tried to find some information and answers at copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common … using_Logs too. May be I have few satelites (7-9).

See attached log. First RTL was OK, other was bad (with spiral flying).

I´m quite unhappy of this. If somebody can help, thank you.[/quote]

You don’t have an external compass and your compass is sitting within a centimeter of power distribution.

My suggestions are:

1. enable the MAG message in future logs
  2. moving the flight controller up to the top level will reduce compass interference by a factor of 5-10.
  3. doing compassmot calibration will help a lot

How can I make compass log? It is not selectable in MP. I made log with all. You can download log

I made compassmot procedure with result 183% … I changed wire instalation and I have 20% now. So tomorrow I will test it. We will see if it was source of troubles.