Troubles obtaining RAW IMU logs

Hi.
I’m part of a group of people doing some UAV reaserch. I was given a task of recording high frequency attitude and raw IMU data. The people analysing the data require a .csv file.
I’ve already learned the hard way that by default, ardupilot only logs at 10Hz and unfortunately, I am unable to obtain a higher data rate.
I went through the documentation and I’ve been fighting with this issue for the past few days. I’ve tried enabling ATTITUDE_FAST and both, IMU_RAW and IMU_FAST in the LOG_BITMASK. But that does not change anything in the logs. The values I am looking for are e.g. ATT.ROLL or IMU[0].AccX.
I’ve also played with batch sampler logs. I wasn’t able to get more frequent readings of the IMU but miraculously, the attitude values were of higher rate. But with that there came another issue. I’m using plot.ardupilot.org for processing the data. In the graph I can observe a higher frequency but after exporting to a .csv I’m still left with only 10Hz.

I’ll be honest. I’m lost at this point. I’ve tried every possible parameter combination and I haven’t made any significant progress. Yeah, I got the attitude information but the raw IMU readings are actually what’s important. And I can’t export the data to a .csv still.
If I were to start from scratch. What should I do to get Attitude and IMU data logs at frequencies above 100Hz? We’d love to get even higher frequencies if that’s possible.
And how should I process the data and obtain a .csv without loosing the precious data? The data people are using some pre-made tools and will not deal with raw .bin logs.

I don’t know if it’s important but I’m using the Pixhawk 6C flight controller running Arducopter 4.2.3.

Thanks in advance.
Marcel.

Hello @Marsellus

I really don’t know if it can help you, but try converting your logs via Mission Planner instead. It should be work since some features like FFT analysis for Notch Filter Tuning do depends on these higher rates data. Maybe some kind of limitation regarding the plot.ardupilot.org, never used it to perform this kind of task, only for viewing and analyzing logs.

I hope this can help you someway.

1 Like

Hi, I am tasked with more or less a similar problem, did anyone find a neat way to do so? @Marsellus

Both ATTITUDE_FAST and ATTITUDE_MEDIUM bits need to be set in LOG_BITMASK

1 Like

Look at the system identification documentation for more information