T'Rex and general Rover questions

Hey Guys,

I have T’Rex controller in a Wild Thumper and have Ardu Rover running on an APM. I am just playing with manual control right now but have a couple questions;

1. My T’Rex controller worked fine the first day I set it up. I am using the T’Rexs built in mixing that came on it stock. I found that I had to add a lot of expo in the steering but still don’t quite like the way it turns. When moving forward it is difficult to get a smooth and gradual turn. Does anyone know if the mixing in the APM is better than the mixing in the T’Rex?

2. I am powering the APM and RX from the 5v off of the T’Rex. But, when I power on the system with the main battery, apparently the T’Rex doesn’t wait to see RC inputs so it will not arm because the APM has a slight delay while booting. If I hit the reset button it works fine. If I have the APM and RX already on and booted when I power on teh T’Rex, it works fine. Anyone have a work around for this so that I can power the APM and RX from the T’Rex and have the T’Rex wait a couple seconds before it boots?

Thanks.

@techspy,
I use a Dimension Engineering Sabertooth 2X25 ESC and it waits for the R/C input to calibrate the neutral so I cannot help you with your issue.
Regards,
TCIII AVD

Thanks. So you are using skid steering mixing on the APM?

@techspy,
That is affirmative.
Regards,
TCIII AVD