Trex 700 heli shaking

Sorry about the low quality photos. My camera is not the best on my phone. Wife’s I phone does better. If we need more details. 8xr still on left lower back side. V3x power module now on right back middle below it is the pwlink. All wires routed and secured.

Should I update the software to 6.9. Or what ever qgc is telling me it is not up to date? Mabey I had a bug in the system when I downloaded it ?

Update on Alan’s Trex 700.

I’m glad Alan sent it up to me to look it over. Trying to diagnose the problem via the forum would’ve been impossible. No amount of “tuning” would’ve fixed it because you can’t fix mechanical problems in software.

I thought it would be good to take a video of the problem on Alan’s Trex 700 so folks that are new to helicopters don’t make the same mistake.

First thing I did was make him a new controller mount tray with 6061 T6

bilkfajhhopgmhlj

Then I went thru and reviewed the settings. Decided too many things had been messed with, so I loaded my custom firmware in it and reset to defaults to start over.

I was concerned about a couple things I found upon initial inspection of the machine. But powering up the system and trying it confirmed my concerns as being valid. I didn’t even have to put the dial indicators on it - you can see the quite serious problem visually.

4 Likes