Tracking Line not showing in plan tab

Hello everyone, I want to measure an area using the rover’s actual position and I can’t find an option for that, so I’m thinking about using the tracking line to manually create these waypoints after the rover traces the perimeter of the field. But the tracking line does not appear in the plan tab, it only appears in the data tab, but I cannot create wp in the data tab.

You can measure the area of a polygon in the Plan screen. Save waypoints (SaveWP RC option) to define the area of interest, convert to a polygon, and measure the area.

You can also use this script to generate the waypoints automatically.

Hello Yuri, thanks for the script however i have a problems in my mission planner everytime when i tried to run a script like in Python, i have python and the libraries installed on my pc but if a run any script show an error like in line one (ImportError: No module named pymavlink) , but i installed pymavlink using pip command on cmd or in the case with your code show a error in line 3 (Syntax error :unexpected token ‘ArduPilot’)

That’s a Lua script and is run directly on the autopilot. It has nothing to do with Mission Planner.

https://ardupilot.org/rover/docs/common-lua-scripts.html

Regardless, the rest of my post remains valid. Save waypoints. Measure.