Top 3 thermal cameras compatible with pixhawk

Hello everyone,

Kindly suggest me Top 3 thermal cameras compatible with pixhawk.

• FLIR Vue Pro R - Supports many MAVLink commands including shutter and palette control. When using MAVLink only two of the four PWM channels are available.

• FLIR Duo (Not Pro) - According to FLIR documentation supports many MAVlink commands including shutter and palette control. Mavlink requires both of the two available PWM channels.

• FLIR Duo Pro R - Only supports MAVLink GPS image tagging - NO shutter, mode, or palette commands and FLIR technical support confirmed this. When using MAVlink only one of the three PWM channels is available.

RHP Boson Viz-IR - (oemcameras.com) - No MAVLink but it when released will include an RGB camera and PWM/S-BUS and serial support. I am not sure if this product is being shipped yet.

3 Likes

@wn0x

Hi Rich, Sorry for reviving this old thread. Is there any update to the above list, any new and better options? Also does FLIR Duo Pro R still only supports MAVLink for GPS Tagging, or they have enabled Shutter and other controls via MAVLink?

Many Thanks

The latest firmware version is 01.03.03 but I can’t find any documentation on FLIRs site as to what’s included. I have left a message with FLIR technical support to see if there has been an update, with a more robust MAVlink implementation. I am not hopeful, since this would compete with their DJI product line.

1 Like