I’m an electrical engineer from makeflyeasy, an Ardupilot supporter, and a drone fanatic.
I often use telemetry on the fixed wing to detect the attitude information of the aircraft, and I encountered 2 difficult problems when using the 3DR radio.
- 3DR radio is based on Sik open source firmware, and the mainstream supports Si1000, which is difficult to buy at present.
- The actual flight test distance of 3DR radio is usually only a few hundred meters.
I want to do a telemetry to achieve the following functions:
- Based on Sik firmware development, it is convenient to configure parameters in the Mission Planner ground station software
- Main control STM32F103 series, RF module Si4463, using conventional chips, easy to purchase, cost-effective
- Support 915/868 MHz, do not use 2.4G, mainly for fixed-wing mountain flight, the signal diffraction ability is too poor
- Mainly support Mavlink complete data package, support PPM/SBUS 16 RC channels
- Both software and hardware are open source and can be merged into AP_Periph in the future to benefit more drone enthusiasts
What can be done:
- Design schematics and PCB files, deliver proofing for production
- Component procurement, welding, hardware debugging
- Write a transparent transmission test program to detect basic functions and interfaces
- I am not familiar with Sik, it may take a long time to complete the port development
*Sik firmware stability test takes a long time
Currently named TLRS, “T” stands for Together, I hope to gather the power of open source to complete this challenge together!
If there are drone enthusiasts who are good at Sik firmware development, welcome to join, I can provide a hardware development platform for free to facilitate software development and testing
I decided to start this project because I couldn’t find an LRS that would meet my fixed wing needs. I am very grateful for the thought inspiration provided by other open source LRS projects, listed below to express my gratitude!
SiK radios: https://github.com/ArduPilot/SiK
Discussion address:Tlrs-Let's make a long-distance telemetry system together
Contact email: email@example.com