Timers

OK, I am finding the TH9x to be rather inscrutable when it comes to timers.

First, in setup “Timer 1” is set by default to trigger on THs, whatever that is. I set the time to 12:00 and checked “minutes” and I hear a beep every minute and I think an alarm at 12 minutes. But I am curious what the trigger is (something to do with throttle?) and where is the countdown time displayed? I don’t see it displayed anywhere so other than counting beeps how do I know where I stand?

Second, there is an elapsed timer the reads 00:00 but I can’t find anywhere to start or stop it. The online manual I found says that “menu” starts and stops it (not on mime!) and long press on exit resets it (again, not on mine that I can tell since it always reads 00:00 no matter what).

Is it really this hard? Never seen anything as unintuitive on another radio…

OK I found the flight downtimer by holding down the up key. But there doesn’t seem to be a way to have it displayed on the main screen. And still nothing I have tried will operate the elapsed time stopwatch. I guess not really necessary as it is probably better to watch the telemetry for battery voltage for flight termination.

Ah, I just viewed MoreFlying video on timer setup. So the timer I couldn’t get to work is timer 2 and defaulted to “off”. Excellent. I wil lprobably setup mine to work with the trainer switch instead of gear since I am used to that from one of my other radios.

Edit: trainer switch is no good for this because timer only runs when switch is held on. It doesn’t take the momentary as a trigger like my Spektrum radio. So gear switch it is.

[quote=“raylo”]Ah, I just viewed MoreFlying video on timer setup. So the timer I couldn’t get to work is timer 2 and defaulted to “off”. Excellent. I wil lprobably setup mine to work with the trainer switch instead of gear since I am used to that from one of my other radios.

Edit: trainer switch is no good for this because timer only runs when switch is held on. It doesn’t take the momentary as a trigger like my Spektrum radio. So gear switch it is.[/quote]

Can you post a link? I would like to know how to set the timer and map that switch for it.

txs
M.

Basically go into the menu, turn timer 2 “on”, and select GEA as the trigger. See the last post in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=11256&start=10

[quote=“raylo”]Basically go into the menu, turn timer 2 “on”, and select GEA as the trigger. See the last post in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=11256&start=10[/quote]

Thanks!