Tilting motor servos

Hey everyone! I am curious to what are high end servos that allow for tilting some bigger motor and props than the nimbus vtol. I am using the 3115mg on my nimbus and they don’t center that great and don’t seem that trustworthy… I have the new foxtech v2 servos and they are better, but not what I am looking for… I have looked at the UAVS but don’t have any experience with them for life span expectancy. I know with futaba servos they will last 500 to 1000 flights…

Please give suggestions not just on brand but also specific models! Obviously they need to work with ardupilot! :slight_smile:

Ryan

1 Like

How much more torque spec do you need? Here’s a 35kg from a quick search in eBay.

Good luck.

I haven’t ran much analysis yet… but I am suspecting to need a very fast 35 to 45kg servo. I really don’t care about the price to be honest. I really want something better than hobby grade

Ryan

Maybe discuss your needs with https://www.servocity.com/contact for a solution they may have readily available or construct for you.

Good luck.

Foxtech Nimbus VTOL V2-Tilting System

I have these as well… they still seem like hobby grade… I’m gonna try them and how tough/reliable they are! Have you flown with them?

Ryan

Make sure that you run either these or the 3115s on 6v minimum. These servos should also be rated for 7v operation.

Greg,

We are going to be running them at 7.4V, we are swapping all the servos in the vehicle to HV servos

Ryan