Throttle Up Upon Start Up

Hello everyone. I assure you ive searched but can find an answer…

Just completed first time setup and everything is looking good BUT when i plug in my battery the throttle runs up to ~20% and will not stop.

What i have checked:

• Radio end points correct (calibrated 3-4 times)
  • Min PWM for throttle fail safe are normal
  • RC3_MIN is correct value compared to the info provided in the radio calibration screen
  • Radio RX/TX work normally independently of APM (not ESC failsafe)
  • TX is dead-center trimmed

Any help would be much appreciated. This noob wants to get in the air! :mrgreen:

Ok, I’m only mentioning this because something similar happened to me.

I had something similar when I plugged in the battery but did not have the transmitter turned on. It went “hmm no signal from transmitter, hmm… no signal from 3DR radio… hmm… I guess I’ll go home!” and tried to take off my living room table. Also the “default” toggle switch position on my transmitter was set to Return to Launch not Manual but that does’t cause me any harm unless throttle is armed. But check to make sure of that too.

[quote=“HellaLift”]Hello everyone. I assure you ive searched but can find an answer…

Just completed first time setup and everything is looking good BUT when i plug in my battery the throttle runs up to ~20% and will not stop.

What i have checked:

• Radio end points correct (calibrated 3-4 times)
  • Min PWM for throttle fail safe are normal
  • RC3_MIN is correct value compared to the info provided in the radio calibration screen
  • Radio RX/TX work normally independently of APM (not ESC failsafe)
  • TX is dead-center trimmed

Any help would be much appreciated. This noob wants to get in the air! :mrgreen:[/quote]

Post a log?

HELLO AND THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR THE HELP. I ENDED UP TRANSFERING THE ESC OVER TO A “NORMALLY SETUP” AIRCRAFT. TURNS OUT THE ESC WAS BADLY CALIBRATED. I COULD NOT ACHIEVE THIS ON THE APM CUS I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO GET A RAW PASS THROUGH ON RC_3.

ANYWAYS APPRECIATE THE ASSISTANCE.