Throttle fail safe with nitro plane?

When loss of RX signal for 20 seconds the throttle goes down below idle speed. Does the amp or pixhawk detect this and enter RTL before actually applying below idle speed? Because obviously if not it’s gonna kill the engine. I tried to read many posts but cannot find the answer and it’s not something I really want to test in flight :wink:

for nitro engines I’d recommend setting THR_MIN to 10 (or whatever keeps the engine going well), and set THR_PASS_STAB=1, so that you get pass-thru control of throttle in stabilisation modes like FBWA (allowing you to stop the engine)
Cheers, Tridge

for nitro engines I’d recommend setting THR_MIN to 10 (or whatever keeps the engine going well), and set THR_PASS_STAB=1, so that you get pass-thru control of throttle in stabilisation modes like FBWA (allowing you to stop the engine)
Cheers, Tridge[/quote]
Hi Tridge sorry I’m still not %100 on this. My Futaba RX only has throttle FS but I’d like to use the pixhawk to do RTL if that happens. However the pixhawk can only determine this event if the throttle channel goes below the radio calibration numbers. aka below idle. So wouldn’t the nitro engine servo go below idle [ stall engine ] in order for the pixhawk to even see the RX called FS?

ahhhh me read… me think I get it now :smiley: