Thoughts on porting to java

Hey guy’s I was looking to see if anyone has looked into porting this over to Java as a parallel stream for development? Any thoughts or suggestions? Has this been looked into before?

You could write a new implementation in Java. The challenge is what UI Framework would you use?

The alternatives are to run Mission planner using the mono C# runtime. Also APM Planner 2.0/qgroundcontrol are cross (Linux/Mac/Windows Android iOS) or there has been efforts in a Web based solution see Mavelous

[quote=“billbonney”]You could write a new implementation in Java. The challenge is what UI Framework would you use?

The alternatives are to run Mission planner using the mono C# runtime. Also APM Planner 2.0/qgroundcontrol are cross (Linux/Mac/Windows Android iOS) or there has been efforts in a Web based solution see Mavelous[/quote]

If I were to use a fat client I’d probably use Javafx-8, but I like the web idea. I’ll give mavelous a look. I’m a Java programmer so it could be that I’m just trying to force the app to conform to my strengths. :slight_smile: