Third battery monitoring

Hello.

I have a question about battery monitoring.
For the first and second batteries, I know I can monitor the current and voltage by plugging the power module connector into the pixhawk power port.
But what should I do to monitor the third battery?
The pixhawk cube orange I’m using has only two power ports.

Please help someone.

ArduCopter supports at least 9 batteries, so a third is not and issue, just enable it in the parameters and connect it via i2c on an unused i2c address.

Thank you @amilcarlucas.
I will try it.

I tried to connect to the I2C port, but I faced a new problem.
I’m trying to monitor battery current and voltage via a Holybro power module.
The problem is that the power module has 6 wires, but the I2C port has only 4 wires.
How should I connect?

It sounds like your third battery monitor is also an analog monitor not I2C? The two middle pins on the 6pin power connectors are analog V_sense & I_sense pins.

I thought about using the ADC port but that only has one pin and you would need to make your build I think. Maybe someone else will chime in as usually pins can do multiple things, but that would likely require a custom build…

You could ask in the Cube Pilot forum too. https://discuss.cubepilot.org/c/cube-autopilot/5

It might be time to find a CAN/I2C monitor…

@hendjosh, thank you for your advice.
As you say, my third battery monitor is an analog monitor.

I will also ask a question on in the Cube Pilot forum.

I connected a third battery monitor via i2c address 0x08.
How do I configure ardupilot to read battery 3 data from i2c address 0x08?

BATT3_TYPE
BATT3_I2C_BUS
BATT3_I2C_ADDR
Correctly set the three parameters above to start the third monitor after that use the BATT3_* parameters to configure the remaining functionality

im using my own arduino to send the I2C data from the sensor, it sends 2 messages, one with voltage data and one with current data, i have verified the data comes through OK via LUA on the arduplane pixhawk cube orange.

but not having any luck reading BATT3 data.

i tried BATT3_MONITOR 21 (which is an INA2XX / I2C monitor), I2C bus 0,1,2 (i think should be 2?) and the address (8) but Batt3_voltage in telemetry remains 0.00V.

any idea how to proceed?