The tilt servos & ailerons TREMBLE when power on

Why do the tilt servos and ailerons tremble in QSTABILICE mode when power? If I change to a plane mode and return to Qstabilice the tremor disappears.

If I power on plane mode (FBWA by example) and I change to QESTABILICE the tremor does NOT appear.

I just discovered the culprit. I changed the values:

Q_A_RAT_YAW_I = 0.018
Q_A_RAT_YAW_P = 0.18
to
Q_A_RAT_YAW_I = 0.06
Q_A_RAT_YAW_P = 0.5

…and the tremor started in QESTABILICE. The funny thing is that if I start in plane mode (MANUAL or FBWA), I wait 15 sec and change to QESTABILICE, then nothing trembles.

The firmware is 3.9.4 ChibiOS, whit 3.9.2 NuttX in another Vtol there is not problem

Hi Atico,

That is weird. I would not have thought that vectored yaw parameter like Q_A_RAT_YAW would have any effect when the plane is unarmed and not hovering. Is the plane set up otherwise? (like ACC Cal, Compass Cal., etc.)

EUREKA, when I have placed the MicroRx Dragonlink dipoles (removables) has been solved …:man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Yesterday I power about 10 times OK. Today I try and the tilt servos TREMBLE again …, Arrrggggg…!!!

Hi Greg, the plane setup is finished, ready to first test:
Accelerometers & compass calibration, etc…

I have also tried to move the dipole antenna away from the microRx Dragonlink but the movement continue.
Tthe strangest thing is that the movement is not permanent but disappears after 20-30 sec in another plane mode in which the tilt is horizontal. I change to another plane mode because the tremor is very big

Hi Atico,

Happy New Year!

You may want to consider using another Tx/Rx system on your initial tests just to eliminate known issues and make it less complicated. I suspect that you will probably not be flying long distance until you gain some confidence in the design so perhaps the Dragonlink system can be replaced. Just a thought to make things easier during the hover and transition testing.

Cheers!

I’ve never had problems with DragonLink, not even on my first vtol. This is my second VTOL project, I do not think that is the worst problem I will continue to filter

I isolated the power of the micro xDL and removed its dipole antenna and the problem persisted >> then the problem is not Dragonlink

I think the solution is setup.

Happy new year 2019
Urte Berri on 2019