The date and time of my log file is incorrect

The date and time of my log file is incorrect. Where can I set it? Its stange that sometimes its correct, sometimes its not. In the screen shot below, the date is Jan. 1, 1970 @ 11AM.

1. Flight Controller - Kakute H7 V2
  2. GPS - GPS & Compass M8Q-5883 – Matek Systems
  3. ESC - Holybro Tekko32 F6 60A running on BLHeli.
  4. Motors - Racestar AirA 2508 1200KV
  5. Firmware - V4.3.0 Beta 4

Usually that means you don’t have sufficient GPS lock. The time is taken from the GPS.

1 Like

Activate fence. This will prevent you from arming without GPS lock and will guarantee correct date Inn the logs.

I have not explored about fence. I will read into it. Thanks.

Any solution to this? I have same FC and GPS and also get wrong date. Also getting Bad GPS Health warnings. But gets 3D Fix and seems to fly OK. Have checked my GPA Delta is at 200ms with spikes +/- 5ms.

GPS 1: detected as u-blox at 230400 - is that baud rate a possible issue?

The Kakute boards have onboard NAND (“black box”) memory that does not support a traditional file system, so logs are not date/time stamped like they are with SD card memory. It’s not a bug - it’s expected, normal behavior.

There is no issue as Yuri said and this is the default baud rate.

Right, that explains why I’m stuck in 1970. But what about the Bad GPS Health?

That GPS is very small with accordingly low sensitivity. Make sure it’s mounted high and away from interference sources like batteries, motors, and high current carrying wires.

You may also try limiting the constellations to the 2 or 3 most useful/visible for your region.

Thanks Yuri, I will try limiting constellations.

I actually swapped the FC from a H743-WING to this Kakute (to save weight). Same GPS, mounting point etc. The Matek FC had none of these issues, so just seems like a setting somewhere. I don’t know if should even worry as it still seems to fly fine, Bad GPS health is just a concerning message.

Not sure if its of any help, but i have the same issue on my Matek F405-wte (sd card) and arduplane 4.3. My guess is that it’s because I accidently set it to start/create the log file before the fc was armed, hence the gps had no lock and timestamp defaults to epoch time(1970…). I will try to start the log at arm event and see if it changes anything.