Testing of MTF-01 OPTICAL FLOW & LIDAR SENSOR on 2-Inch FPV Drone With Ardupilot

I wanted to share my recent experience testing out a new integrated optical flow and lidar sensor. The Micoair MTF-01 optical flow and lidar sensor combines a high-power laser distance measuring module with an optical flow sensor, all neatly packed into a small design. The high-power laser ensures accurate height information even when flying outdoors, improving the accuracy of optical flow positioning. Plus, its compact size means you can install it on smaller drones - perfect for my 2-inch FPV setup.

I managed to install this module on my 2-inch FPV drone and took it for a spin outdoors. Here are the nitty-gritty details of my drone setup:

• Optical Flow & LIDAR SENSOR: MicoAir MTF-01
  • Flight Controller (FC): NxtPX4
  • Electronic Speed Controller (ESC): JHEMCU 40A
  • Platform: ikun20
  • Motor: T-motor 1106 6000kv
  • GPS: M10 GPS
  • Propeller: GEMFAN 2023
  • Battery: TATTU 4S 850mah
  • Camera: insta 360 go1

Test video:
https://youtu.be/KnAwm2J7u3c?feature=shared

2 Likes

Hey, that’s cool. Does this sensor works with speedybee 405 v3?

Yes, because the speedbee F405 V3 can flash INAV firmware, you can use this sensor under INAV.

Great thanks, an other questions. What will get us the most best and accurate position hold with mtf-01 Inav or ardupilot?

This video explains it in detail :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s cool. Thanks for helping.

I tried to use the sensor in my quadcopter for indoor flight, but when I try to switch to Loiter mode it gives the message: “Mode change to LOITER failed: requires position” and it says in the dashboard: “PreArm: GPS1: Bad fix”

I bought 2 pcs from different vendor. Both are not working.
I am using the following hardware
Cuav x5 nano flight controller.
Quadcopter Frame size 600 mm
using Ardupilot 4.4.1
I followed each & every step as described by the Manufacturer.
But I am getting error of EKF3 pos_horiz_abs Off
See the EKF window error in the attached screenshot.

Also I am attaching the log file for this.
Anyone please see and do some help