Testing Arducopter documentation for PX4

Hi there,

posting to this forum because my focus is on arducopter documentation as it pertains to the PX4 rather than PX4 hardware itself.

It seems that the Arducopter documentation is quite often incorrect for the PX4 platform. I suspect that the authors are APM users and are unable to test the documentation for a PX4, and there are slight differences in operation between the two platforms. As a PX4 user, is it possible to lend a hand and test the documentation for the PX4 platform? If so, can someone can point me in the right direction to get involved (rather than posting errata here on the forum)?

As an example, consider the compassmot tuning guide:(copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/ac_com … ESC_motors).

Neither of my 2 PX4’s will allow access to the console if the instructions are followed. Instead the LiPo connection needs to be the last step after the console is activated. There is also a long-standing bug (perhaps always) in the PX4IO codebase (issue #653) that means the battery sensor does not detect current. Therefore on a PX4 platform you need to switch battery monitoring off to run compassmot or you get an error and compensation is disabled.

cheers,

rhys

Hi Rhys

It would be great to have you involved in the documentation.

I’ll send you a PM and get you set up with our wiki editors group

Thanks,

Craig