Temperature sensor

Does anyone know how to get the Celsius temperature sensor from blue robotics working for rover?

Temp sensor PR

I don’t get it. Am I supposed to download the cpp file and put it somewhere in Pixhawk sd card?

That means it’s still an open feature request. The main codebase does not yet have it available.

Here is a PR of mine that adds it to all vehicles. AP_TemperatureSensor: Create frontend and backend split by hendjoshsr71 · Pull Request #20060 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub

It has been tested to work on Sub so should be good for rover too.

You would need to compile it yourself for your hardware

It probably wont make it into master a for a while as it needs to add support for multichannel sensors first. (The hardware for that is still being made.)

1 Like

I don’t understand Pixhawk well enough to add custom functions. Is there a guide somewhere that explains what to do?

Based on your struggles so far, I recommend leaving this out of your build for the moment. Get it running and driving well.

I have fixed it and it drives well now :smiley:

Now I really want to learn how to add custom functions, and hopefully some day, how to combine it with for instance an Arduino

Here is the guide for setting up a build environment for the code. I probably can’t take the time to walk you through it step by step, and I’m afraid it’s a bit complex.

https://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/building-the-code.html

1 Like

I understand, but any help is appreciated. Is there maybe some book I can buy to learn more? When I first learned C and C++, there was a lot of information available online. I feel for ArduPilot/Pixhawk, there isn’t much information on how to add custom features. Just guides and tutorials for how to connect different sensors that work out of the box. Its not a good feeling when you don’t understand how something works

You should learn to use Git. That will help you navigate the code repository and incorporate the pull requests linked here.

I am looking into it now. But as a starting point. I would like to for instance (random example) learn how to use a camera that is hooked up to a Raspberry pi and transfer video from it to Pixhawk and use Pixhawks telemetry to stream it to my Ground Station. But not by following guides blindly. I want to learn how it works

We all start somewhere. Follow the guides, but don’t do it blindly. If there’s a step that you can’t understand why it exists, search for the command or parameter that’s being set. Try to figure out why each step exists. There’s a ton of documentation in the wiki, on this forum, on GitHub, and via various other blogs and forums.

That’s not a great Random Example. You will need more than “Pixhawk Telemetry” for video on the ground station.
One way:
Rpanion-Server

That’s my point exactly. There are tons of sensors that can be integrated with Pixhawk. But unless I can find a guide on how to implement that exact sensor, I don’t know what to do.

One thing I would really like to do is for instance adding lights that can be turned on and off with the controller, and adding tail lights that are programmed to turn on when the motors PWM signals are between a given range.