Temperature monitoring possible?

Coming into the cold season for work and want to monitor battery temperature. The batteries are kept in a thermostatically controlled case until flight and wrapped in insulation, but as temps drop below 0°C, it would be great to be able to monitor their temp during flight. Is there any way to do this with the current 3.4 code? I’ve search and found the question asked before, but no answer.

1 Like

Hey,
I did it with a thermistor on A13 on a Pixhawk. I used BAT2_* parameters for monitoring.
Sebastian

1 Like

Hi Stundenblume,
I am trying to read temperature by pixhawk. Could you tell me more detail how to do it ?
like what sensor did you use and how to connect to pixhawk (I use the cube) and how to setup parameters ??

may i know how did you done that ?

Hello,
I haven’t done anything with the system for a very long time. Without looking specifically, I would currently build a voltage divider with the NTC and connect it to A13, for example. I would then record the analogue input in Ardupilot as e.g. battery voltage and calibrate it accordingly. The unit in the graphs is then of course [V] instead of [°C].
I hope that helps.
Sebastian

NTC Arduino schematic