Telemetry radio testing

Hello,

At the moment I am interested to work with telemetry radio v3 communication (SiK Telemetry Radio V3 – Holybro).

So, if I buy a pair of telemetry radio v3 then, Is it possible to test the telemetry connection between this radio pair without buying any flight controller ? So, testing the radio pair by just using 1 or 2 computer. Also, both radio pair have USB slots.

Thanks !
Sam

you can configure SiK radios in “transparent serial” mode, and then you can easily send serial data from a computer or arduino or nucleo across the radio and measure telemetry connection that way (count missed packets, time, etc, whatever you want).

I’m pretty sure you’d also be able to view RSSI and/or received DB if you connect it to the SiK program / gui.

1 Like

Thanks. I will check l transparent mode. So, Is it possible to test radio pair on one computer? Or I have to buy one piece of another hardware like arduino?

depends on what you want to test. You can write a pretty simple loopback that sends from one radio and receives on the other with one computer, but if you want any sort of range testing you’ll need to have two separate devices.

1 Like

I always connect both in my computer and using putty or any serial terminal open the serial ports and send commands from one window to another one.

2 Likes