Telem rates

I’m having an issue with the location data stops being reported on my Taranis…or more specifically the little arrow that shows which way towards home… that and vehicle speed stops being reported as well. It works for a couple minutes or so then stops. Probably it has nothing to do with APM P probably the teensy / lua but I wondering if one of these rates could be the solution?? What are the stock settings? And what is extra 1 and extra 2? Any info greatly appreciated!

actually I see Bill posted this already… I knew I saw it on this forum

"I think you LUA script can’t handle the higher data rates for EXTRA1 i.e. Attitude and EXTRA2 in the Advanced Config section of AP2. Change it from 10 to 5 and see if that helps.

BTW this is not an issue per se with AP2, but the teensy board. It should be able to gracefully handle this, or send it’s own RequestDataStream message requests for what is required. AP2 has to do this periodically otherwise other device interfere with AP2 and data stop coming in (it’s only an issue when GCS and Teensy share the same com (serial) port)"

I’ll give this a try

Bill… I see here in the APM Planner config page you can set the tellem rates. Are these rates set in the full list of params AND or in this page? If they are set in this page when do they take effect? I don’t see a ‘send’ or anything indicating the need to send the new settings to the FC.

One more thing… if my lua script / teesny is ‘hanging’ on one of the telemetry data fields [ location, speed, compass heading in my case ] is it more likely a high tellem rate like 10 would be more of an issue than a lower rate? Or… is the rate an absolute the script or Taranis needs without variation?

I’ve got the clooney script working great with 3.4 dev and the older 2.0 open TX IF I remove the TX from the teensy . So if I understand what that means only the pixhawk is determining the data tellem rates. My only remaining issue is the occasional hanging of the little arrow letting me know which way to aim home. It works at first but after a few minutes it often stops updating.

Any info greatly appreciated
Rick