Tarot 450 shaking and wobbling

On my maiden flight the heli shaked and wobbled alot so I had to land immediately.
I am not good in analyzing log files so I need an advice from an expert.
To me it looks like oscillations on roll and pitch.
Gains and PIDs are default.
The heli has flown before with a microbeast so the mechanic should not cause the problem.

BTW are there proven 450 setups shared by other users?

Tarot 450 pro DFC (t-rex clone)
Omnibus F4 V3
ArduCopter 3.6.10

2019-09-19 09-16-56.bin (586.9 KB)

Could you post a param file as well? I don’t have the ability to look at the log files when I’m away from home. Thanks.

here it is, hope you can help.

2019-09-19 09-16-56.log.param (14.1 KB)

So you will need to read the tuning wiki and start from scratch with tuning. Unfortunately, the default values are pretty outdated and I need to change them. there is a presaved set of values that Chris Olson generated but if you heli didn’t even like the default values then it will not like the set that Chris Olson generated. that is why I am saying that you need to start from scratch by following the tradheli tuning wiki. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to post them here and I’ll do my best to get back to you quickly.

the only other things I see that are different about your setup is the IM_STAB_2 and IM_STAB_3. What are is the collective pitch of your blades for H_COL_MIN and H_COL_MAX. you should really leave the IM_STAB_ 2 and 3 set to the default values until you determine the collective pitch for the stabilized hover. Also if you have an ESC with a governor, I’d recommend using RSC_MODE 2.

hm, that sounds like alot of work.
Where can I find the presets from Chris?

I will tell you where the presets are but I will warn you that if your heli shook on the default params then it will shake worse on the presets that Chris Olson provided.

the presets can be found in both mission planner and QGC. I’m not sure how to do it in QGC but in mission planner, click Config/Tuning tab across the top and then select Full Parameter list on the left side. You will then see the table of all of the parameters and some buttons on the right side of the screen. You’ll see a pull down as well that has selections for the presaved configurations. It is the tradheli_copter36_setup-MP.

Unfortunately it is not as easy to tune a heli as it is to tune a multicopter. But we have tried to provide a guide that walks you through the process. I’m hoping to improve it as I learn more about heli tuning. If you or others successfully tune a 450 heli and feel it is a good starting point for all 450’s then let me know and we can add it as a presaved configuration.

it’s getting better.
I tried Chris Olsons preset and it works much better than the default but there were still oscillations on roll and pitch.
Then I tuned from scratch following the wiki.
Now the heli flies good, only the tail is weak, meaning yaw rate is too low and it overshoots (stops too late). I don’t know how to tune that.
Attached is what I got so far.

I have one comment regarding the tuning page:
There are limits in MP and some defaults in the tuning page are not in the allowed range which is confusing.
E.g. ATC_RAT_PIT_I = 0 is outside the range in MP.
3.6.10-20190926.param (14.2 KB)