Taranis vs. Horus vs. Jumper - Which one to select and why?

done…ready to fly…

That looks great, hopefully it will fly well

4.8 lbs, 62” wing span .hopefully dual 4S @3000 maH will do-the trick…

Its has Run Cam and DJI occusync for video and two FrSky lipo battery sensors. Going FPV and BVLOS…shh don’t tell FAA :slight_smile:

Using X10S

Should be a whole lot of fun.

I will post videos.

I am just about to finish my first VTOL…

Because of the way the pins are laid out, so that you can easier attach servos rather than (many) ESCs.
Servos typically require regulated power, ground signal. Quad ESC’s typically get their (unregulated) power from the PDB, ground and then a signal from the FC.
I’m currently running a standard F405 in a plane. It’s just a much bigger hassle to to wire it up, as you need to build a servo harness.

I just received the Matek FC. I agree, besides it has analog OSD support, dual camera support and built in voltage regulator its a pain in the neck. Its tiny…plus you have to solder all the pins yourself…

Not sure why someone suggested its better than Pixhawk 2.4.8 etc.

It may just sit on the bench and look pretty.

Soldering the pins is hardly difficult and it gives you the option to use either 90degree or straight pins, depending on your layout. (Although they only come with straight pins).
But sure…for any serious use, I’d get a CUAV instead…the Mateks goes in my fun planes.

1 Like

Hello! I use a Frsky R9 system stuck to a Turnigy 9xR Pro and I can say with certanity that (atleast the one I recieved) works amazing and it hasn’t failed me till now. I tested penetration, and i was able to aquire a solid link (about 30 - 40 % rssi, with telemetry) through 600 m of dense housing / buildings and ive only flown about 1km out VLOS and I get 99% rssi.

Using stock supplied antennas.

This was just to clear any doubt about the r9 system. Its really great, and for US $50 amazing value.

I have also configured s.port mavlink telemtery from a pixhawk to my Tx, and it too works great.

PS @UAVSkies that quad plane looks awesome. Good luck on BVLOS :grin:

Sounds good. yes, I had to let go my X9D Plus to acquire X10S. X9D never failed.

I am down to 4 radios which should keep me busy for next few years, Futaba 18MZ, 14SG, X10S and DJI

have you done any work with FPORT yet?

1 Like

FPORT… I read about it a while back. Thanks for reminding me! I was going to test it. I’ll update the firmware on my system and have a play around with it. Its still quite expermental though…

yes, keep us posted. My buddy @RizHass struggling with it. I am just drinking and watching him sweat :slight_smile:

1 Like

:joy: Nice. Will do! May take a while though… need to get some more Rxs. I’ll start with what I have I guess…

1 Like