Taranis failsafe = fail?

I hope I’m missing something really obvious here…but I can’t seem to get my X8R (all three of them) to transmit “no pulses” on all channels - it seems to revert to middle PWM if the Taranis is turned off. I suspect this will kill my failsafe RTL, as one of the affected channels is channel 5. As you can see below (all three X8R’s are freshly bound):

Transmit on:
[attachment=0]before.png[/attachment]

And what happens when I turn off the Taranis:
[attachment=1]after.png[/attachment]

This is really annoying. It recognised the 900 What can I do to the taranis to preserve the Throttle PWM value of 900 when I switch off the tx, but leave everything else as “hold”? At the moment it looks like it will just switch to alt hold immediately after RTL is called; not very failsafe!

do you use Sbus or a number of servo outputs ?

[quote=“silverburn”]I hope I’m missing something really obvious here…but I can’t seem to get my X8R (all three of them) to transmit “no pulses” on all channels - it seems to revert to middle PWM if the Taranis is turned off. I suspect this will kill my failsafe RTL, as one of the affected channels is channel 5. As you can see below (all three X8R’s are freshly bound):

Transmit on:
[attachment=0]before.png[/attachment]

And what happens when I turn off the Taranis:
[attachment=1]after.png[/attachment]

This is really annoying. It recognised the 900 What can I do to the taranis to preserve the Throttle PWM value of 900 when I switch off the tx, but leave everything else as “hold”? At the moment it looks like it will just switch to alt hold immediately after RTL is called; not very failsafe![/quote]

you didn’t mention how did you set the failsafe on the X8R. Pressing the little switch less than a second, on the X8R, will store the failsafe of all your channels (in theory). the X8R LED will blink green twice to indicates it actually saved your values.

Have you tested it to see what it does. What I do to test is take the props off, arm the quad, increase the throttle and then i move the quad a few feet over then switch off the radio and listen on mission planner and it should switch to rtl or land when it goes to fail safe.