tab4 compatible?

My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7-inch, 1.2 GHz processor, running Android 4.4 Kit Kat, with a good GPS. Although I can create missions in DroidPlanner, I can’t connect to Iris using the 3DR radio. When I click connect, nothing happens and the robovoice advises “data link lost, check connection.” Alternately, I see the popup :Mavlink error: no devices found.” The radio antenna does not light up as when connected to my laptop running Mission Planner, which has worked well for me. Although the tab3 is on your list of compatible devices, the tab4 is not. Any advice on settings I may have overlooked?

plug and unplug a couple of times(the radio modem) and/or a power cycle without the modem board plugged in… then after booted and droidplanner running but connect not hit plug in modem and see if get lights if no lights replace OTG adapter and cabling and after lights android message about which program for the radio modem.

I see this a lot with the TAB 2(GTP3113) on 4.03.. something about android and OTG devices

not going well even with good cabling… suspect race conditiion as once in sweetspot its reliable till power cycle…

hope this helps
hzl

Thanks hzl,
I will continue trying according to your advice, but it sounds like Samsung and the 3DR radio are at best an uncomfortable pair. I suspect nothing is wrong with the radio and cable because they work fine for me on my laptop with Mission Planner. Since you and others have reported connectivity issues with various Samsung devices, I’m tempted to return it and buy the Nexus, which seems to be the preferred tablet in the DIY Drones community.

No complaints, though. Mission Planner is awesome and I continue to explore new flight options. My need for Droidplanner is that I do a lot of offroad surveying. Next summer, I’ll be packing Iris in as much as a mile, and designing on-the-spot automissions that can’t be predicted back in the office.
RC, Juneau, Alaska