T-motor f66 esc overheating problem

Forget the comment about low rpm power protect. Didn’t realize you had motors of that kv. What size props?

Right now i’m using 8040-3

Also please check screws to make sure they are not touching motor winding from being to long.

8" inch props to 10" props I use 920 kv. Gartt rc make some good motors and will not break the bank…

How are you testing?

Checked! The are all good
Thank you for the suggestion, will look into them

i hold the drone on the ground (so it can’t move) i start upping throttle in motor test tab till i reach 60%(or 80%) and hold it there for like 2 minutes
the props are attached to the motors
i will now monitor the temperature and see how it goes since i had no feedback from esc before

i did some testing
i started all motors and went upto 60% throttle and the temp was about 95 degrees
it worked for about 60 seconds and one motor stopped working as if it was confused

then i tested one motor at 40% and the esc temp was about 78 degrees(celsius), it was fine
i tested one motor at 50% and the esc temp was about 88 degrees and it worked fine
i tested all motors at 50% the esc temp was about 90 degrees and same thing happened, one motor stopped(the motor was cold and esc was at 90 degree)

i also checked if everything works properly at 5%, and all motor worked fine with about 70 degree temp

your just going to damage something doing that, get a current monitor so you can see what your actually pulling, without data we are just guessing

1 Like

can i use “current detection” on esc? or it’s useless?

I assumed you didn’t have it working as you have never mentioned how many amps its pulling.

1 Like

not yet, but i will get it working and report back currents and test results

i was relying on t-motor datasheet:

The ESC probably shut down due to overtemp. This is not likely to happen while flying with proper airflow.

I would just move along.

1 Like

good point, with that setup its probably going to hover at a very low throttle so its not going to see those high currents for any amount of time.

2 Likes

Yea, I doubt there is a real overheating problem. Configure, tune and fly.

1 Like