Swashplate and tail rotor setup on old traditional helicopter

Hi,

recently I built a test platform for an FC with matek F405 and some external components to work on some older helicopters I have. A friend gave me his old GToys G9 helicopter. From what I found out it is similar to older Walkera models.Now I am fighting with the swashplate movements and the DDFP tailrotor.

Has anyone of you worked with such a swashplat? How did you set it up in Ardupilot? Any hints or tips for a controller for a DDFP tail rotor?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Rolf

Hi Rolf,
Can you repost this on the Traditional Helicopter Discussion board. It would get more visibility and more responses.

V/R,
Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks much.

Will do.

Rgds

Rolf

No Problem. Have you looked at the Traditional Helicopter wiki. It should help you set up your swashplate. It looks like a CCPM except it is reversed. For DDFP tail, select DDFP CW in the tail_type menu and plug your esc for the tailrotor into pin 4 (this is the default for tailrotor).

Hi Bill,

Thanks much for the help. From my others helps I figured that it would be a 3R-120. But the issue was that it moved completely different. So after reading your mail I measured the signals from the receiver with a scope and found out that the mixer in the remote works different than what I have. And that they used AUX1 for pitch. And I don‘t have a manual (yet). So I will use a new RC and attach via direct PPM. My remaining issue is the ESC for the tail motor. All my brushless motors are too big and would require rebuilding the tail. Therefore I am looking for a small brushed controller to attach there and keep the motor. Any proposal for such a type?

Thanks again for the help. Next time I take a 15 year old heli apart I need to think more.

Rgds

Rolf