Swarming in SITL

Hi
First thanks for all the work you provide with SITL, it’s very fun!

I’ve installed SITL on my computer (Windows 8.1) thanks to this tutorial :
[color=#0000FF]http://dev.ardupilot.com/wiki/simulation-2/sitl-simulator-software-in-the-loop/sitl-native-on-windows/[/color]

It works fine for one copter with any Ground Control Station (Mission Planner, QGroundControl or APM Planner)

Now I’m trying to run multiple copter SITL (drone swarming). Now I can do it with only 2 copter, with two Cygwin terminal :

• sim_vehicle_1.sh -j4 -I 1 then setting “param set SYSID_THISMAV 1” in MAVProxy console and rebooting
  • sim_vehicle_2.sh -j4 -I 2 then setting “param set SYSID_THISMAV 2” in MAVProxy console and rebooting
    I’ve also modifies this file to have different UDP adress (line 412).

So I’ve some questions :

• First, i would like to set directly the SYSID_THISMAV parameters with sim_vehicle.sh file. Is it possible? when I use option -w to wipe EEPROM, I get the line “usage: param <fetch…” on MAVProxy but everything seems ok?
  • Second, how to add more ArduCopter ? When I use a other terminal it doesn’t work ? Is it possible to generate a second copter directly with a script ?

Best regards

Boris

Did you manage to solve this problem. If yes, can you please provide solution. Thank you in advance. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi! Is this problem solved? This is where I am stuck as well.