Swapped TX and suddenly it wants to roll/flip upon takeoff

TL:DR: 250Quad keeps trying to roll RIGHT when I take off, I can take off a bit if I hold “Roll” LEFT, but it’s too unstable to fly like that. What the hell happened? I just swapped from FrSky Taranis TX to Spektrum DX6i TX. The Quad was untouched save binding.

Specs:
HKPilot 2.7.2 APM Mega Micro Sized Flight Controller (387000063-0)
OrangeRx R615X DSM2/DSMX Compatible 6Ch 2.4GHz Receiver w/CPPM
Micro PDB/BEC/V and I sensor
Micro U-blox super precision NEO-6M GPS and Compass

I was flying it fine with a Frsky Taranis x9d plus (with OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 Compatible 2.4Ghz Transmitter Module.) So I decided to give this 250QUAD to one of my friends, so I created a new virgin profile with my Spektrum DX6i, bound the R615X, all went well. I then reassigned the channels in Mission Planner as the following (because you can’t remap Spektrum:

Roll (Aileron) RCMAP_ROLL – Channel 2
Yaw (Rudder) RCMAP_YAW – Channel 4
Pitch (Elevator) RCMAP_PITCH – Channel 3
Throttle RCMAP_THROTTLE – Channel 1

In the Spectrum, I had to Reverse: Pitch, Roll and Yaw so they moved in the right direction under Radio Calibration. I can confirm they move the quad correctly. All the Radio Calibration works properly after that.

So I try to fly it and it just wants to roll over right. I can spin up and it seems like Roll Right is supercharged. Full Left roll almost makes it normal. If I Re-Reverse (back to Normal) ROLL in the TX, same exact problem, still wants to roll RIGHT. So it’s not some control thing. ALL controls work correctly when motors are powered on, it’s just super powered roll right, and weak roll left.

I’ve quintuple checked motor direction and prop direction (even though it flew 100% fine before), and made sure all connections are all plugged in snug. I’ve redone calibration (Straight and level, though it’s not acting like it is), Radio calibration, compass, double checked frame type, etc. a dozen times.

It’s something stupid. But it’s not prop/motor direction, which is what it’s acting like, and I’m sure you think that’s what it is for me. (been there)

Sorry I don’t have logs, this board won’t let me log data. (The attached screenshots are the best I can do)
UNRELATED??: It seems to also throw a Bad Velocity when trying to ARM, but I can bypass that. It does seem to think it’s drifting at about 0.1 - 0.5 MPH while stationary. I don’t know if that’s related. GPS is good.

Someone tell me what stupid thing I am forgetting please! :question:

MP 1.3.28 build 1.1.5624.13992 ArduCopter V3.2.1 (36b405fb)

RCmap doesn’t work from what I’ve read.

Put the rcmap back to standard and change the servo wire order on the receiver from the apm so it’s wired in correctly.

THAT DID IT! Thank you my friend! :smiley:

I’ll add the settings here in case anyone else is in the same board and for keywords and such.

From the HK 2.7.2 board

Pins 1 (White (red + Black)) = Roll, goes into AILE (2nd set of pins on 615X)
Pin 2 (Blue) = Pitch, goes into ELEV on 615X (3rd set of pins 615X)
Pin 3 (Yellow) = Throttle, goes into THROT on 615X (1st set of pins 615X)
Pin 4 (Green) = YAW, goes into RUDD (4th set of pins on 615X)