Servers by jDrones

Survey Grid Footprint

(***) #1

I was wondering what the circles to the left mean, I have looked all over to see if there was an explanation.
I have a presentation and was trying to show how the footprint can change relative to altitude and focal length, but didn’t have a good explanation of what the dots represent.

(Michael Oborne) #2

its the number of photos that capture that spot on the ground

(Markus Müller) #3

Seems to me it works in flat lands, but not in the mountains. There are no foot prints in the higher elevation path.

(***) #4

I was wondering the samething if that is just a projection error on the map or if it is just MP having trouble placing footprints in a basically 3D space? Or is it not reading terrain data and not accounting from the UAV maintaining a specific (± 1m) AGL flight path.

(Michael Oborne) #5

the plot is using above home location. and is showing that you will fly into the hill if you used that mission

(Markus Müller) #6

Sorry, I should have been more clear. If I plan a mission in the mountains, using ‘Absolute’ + ‘Verify’ Height it doesn’t work - see attached files.

Test_Footprints.zip (907.8 KB)

(***) #7

Shouldn’t also using terrain and verify height set default altitude to 120, shouldn’t that keep it from flying into mountains. I ran this exact mission in real life and it did not fly into the mountain it followed the terrain ± 5m. Michael is it just in the survey data screen that it will not calculate the footprints with terrain?

(Michael Oborne) #8

the survey grid interface was designed when only relative alt options where around.

it needs a overhall to use terrain and absolute.

verify height is a way around this though.

(Newton Monteiro) #9

when I choose the absolute altitude are the overlaps calculated from the height in relation to sea level? for example in an area with a SRTM range of 50m - 80m, can I plan on the sruvey grid a flight 150m altitude (70m from the ground) of altitude throughout the area of the map?