Sudden change in Pitch leading to a crash

Hi.

After completing a few flights with my drone which went buttery smooth, I went for another flight yesterday where I’ve experienced some unexpected behavior in Alt.Hold which ultimately led to a severe crash and loss of controls. I’m fairly new to Ardupilot and aside from completing the Initial Setup I wouldn’t have any experience in analyzing the logs. I hope that someone could point me towards the errors in my setup, so that I’m able to fix them before repairing the damaged drone. Vibration levels appear to be okay-ish in normal flight with room for improvements.

A video of the crash and the log.bin are attached. Before impact the drone appears to go into a very steep pitch, exceeding the set limits for its attitude. Not sure how time zones are translated in the log analyzer, but the scene in the video happens at 13:12 local time.

Log: 2024-06-18 13-09-30.bin - Google Drive
Video: https://youtu.be/WGcas1hUtMw

Best regards,
Reuter

That is not enough, that bare minimum only works in some situations. This Forum and the threads within are a living proof of that.

Do yourself a big favor read and use: MethodicConfigurator/QUICKSTART.md at master · ArduPilot/MethodicConfigurator · GitHub

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I will make sure to thoroughly go through the methodic configuration before enbarking on the next flight.

Is there still anything in the logs that could point towards a hardware failure?

It’s seems like it’s a hardware problem. Check your all connections, especially power connections that comes from battery to esc and BLDC motors. There should be some electrical sparks causes short circuit or sudden disconnections, maybe a loose plugs or wires.

What FC are you using? Your EKF is all over the place, both lanes. Vibration isn’t perfect, but I don’t think it’s the issue here.

Also noticed that, but wouldn’t know what it could be caused by.
I’m using the Skystars H743 HD DualGyro.

Post the files generated by the configurator.