Strong roll oscillation in Auto mode

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my copter in Auto mission mode. It is an Octoquad H configuration. The copter flew well in manual control modes (Stabilize, Altitude Hold, Loiter). However, when I switched to Auto mode to run a mission, I observed a very strong oscillation in Roll axis while the copter was following the planned path, but I’m not sure what was the reason for it. There wasn’t a strong wind during this flight.

Here is the log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q252_xANIbvWAr_o_tLuH-nxnQ8QKpUF/view?usp=sharing

Could you please give me some suggestions about how can I fix this oscillation problem?

Thanks alot!

You can easily see what you are describing in the log. Oscillation in Roll, the Roll Rate output and subsequently in the RC outputs.

1st set these based on MOT_THST_HOVER as per the tuning guide Tuning
PSC_ACCZ_I
PSC_ACCZ_P
Set this to 10Hz: INS_ACCEL_FILTER

You should definitely configure the Dynamic Notch filter. Start by setting this to 1 (INS_LOG_BAT_MASK) and make a short AltHold hover flight to capture the data. Post that log if you like.

1 Like

Hi @dkemxr, thank you for your feedback. I will make this changes and fly again in the next days. Do you think I need to do PID tunning more? I didn’t do the autotune because it is too dangerous for big copter, I tuned it manually. Do you think I need to make some changes in PID as well?

Thanks a lot! I look forward to your response.