Strange Autoland Behaviour with Strong Climb Before Flair

I’ve been trying to setup a plane to Autoland but I’ve been having some strange issues, any help with them would be appreciated.

My setup:

Arduplane 4.3.1

Turbo Timber Evolution airframe (mostly stock)

Cube orange + Here 3 GPS

Benewake TF-03 lidar

Matek aspd-dlvr airspeed sensor

The plane does the approach for the auto landing fine on a 4 degree slope, however when it gets down to around 5m AGL the range finder engages, the plane goes to full throttle, climbs to 15-20m AGL and then starts a flare and cuts the throttle. Obviously this is not the desired response. By this point it has overshot the intended landing zone, so I have to intervene and go around before it hits trees at the end of the strip, however it seems to start to (and I presume it would continue to) stall into the ground.

This is a screenshot of one part of the log showing this happening. As can be seen on the graph the terrain slopes upwards from waypoint 5 towards the landing point, and this reflects the landing zone quite well, however I’m not sure how accurate it is. I’ve added a blue cross on the terrain/time line to show approximately where the intended touchdown point was set.

This is another screenshot of another landing attempt that went very similarly (this was repeated 10+ times while changing parameters to try and work out what was going on). This one also includes the rangefinder readings, showing that the rangefinder was reading correctly the whole time.

This was the flight plan that was being followed for all of the landing attempts.

It seems to me that this is some sort of logical problem with the setup, it wanting to climb just as it should be flaring, and then flaring when it is 15-20m up, maybe something to do with the use of the range finder, something to do with the landing zone not being level, or the terrain data for the landing zone?

In this google drive link I’ve also shared my params (as they were for these two landing attempts) and an anon log file with, which has these two landing attempts and many others, any guidance would be appreciated!