Steamdeck install of Mission Planner - instructions or package please

Hi Team. Im moving from RC Controller to Steamdeck controller. Really hoping we can get an easy native build of mission planner (with Joystick functionality) onto the Deck.

I’ve installed QGroundControl as a flatpak and it runs well but mission planner is better suited to our RoboMower lawnmower project.

Steamdeck is very open architecture - hardware and software based on Arch linux which uses the pacman package manager. Im getting my head around this, but have found that if a flatpak exists - it installs easily and quickly.

On steamdeck i can run mission planner in an Android VM - it works, including NTRIP RTK corrections, but has a font problem making it look hideous, and lacks Joystick.

Any help or pointers appreciated - thanks in advance. Paul.

you can run windows on it

Good answer.

Cheapest Microsoft windows license is $159 NZD, which seems too much for a bad user experience on the steamdeck (google windows on steamdeck - sucks is the word most returned)

If i cant figure a way to get mono + MP compiling natively, the steamdeck may become a BillGatesDeck (more money for Bill…)

you can get windows licences for about $20 online, you dont even need one if you can live with the watermark in the corner of the screen and a default background. I went for the GPD winmax, I have used mission planner on atom netbooks and tablets for years so I wanted something quick this time.

1 Like