Starting to "Get it" but need some help

I think things are starting to Gel when it comes to my understanding of reading logs. I’ve got a mac and have used virtual box to run Windows 7. I’ve used both the mac and PC versions of mission planner. I’m finding the mac versions graphing capabilities seem to be more intuitive to me. One of the things I like about the graphing function on the PC version however, is that it indicates all of the flight mode changes at the bottom. Is that possible with APM 2.0 (RC3)?

I’m finally to the stages of tuning loiter, and I think it’s close. When I graph VelX & DVelX the graph seems to offset each trace on the “y” axis. See the attached photo below. Is there a way to undo this offset?

When I was flying I noticed is that my copter would “twitch” every 15 or 30 seconds. This was not apparent when I was flying in altitude hold mode. Is this something I should be concerned about?

I’ve also attached the log itself if that is helpful.

Thanks for your help,

Loren

I have this same issue. Did you ever get it resolved? I noticed as HDop goes up and the number of satellites goes down the twitch increases.

Thanks,
Dave (W4DJW)

Loren, I can’t help you regarding the twitching, but maybe your graphing.

I’m running the PC version of APM Planner so I can’t say if it works this way on the Mac version. If I click on the Y axis scale, it brings up a scaling menu for the axis. I can then take it off autoscale and set the scaling the same for both. No more offset.

More info… At the airfield today I put it up about 3 crashes high for safety and put it in Loiter Mode and let it rip. It ran the whole flight and never darted off on it’s own. The difference was the HDop was below 2 for all of both flights. It’s still a nervous copter and I would like to fix that with tuning if possible but at least I think I know why it was darting off on it’s own in this mode before.