SRXL Spektrum AR8010T support, SRXL2

wow thanks. I worked with my professor as well. I have done days and days of research and spend 1000.00 and cant get help. nevermimd. I will inform my professor of you suggestion I am sure hbe will find that interesting

image.png

Good day, I would like to be directed to management for help. The connection: connect the SRXL2 port directly to a UART did not work. I am stuck unable to move past radio calibration.
I would ask for someone that would be able to help me resolve this issue. thanks you

What UART did you connect to?

Did you set the follwing parameters: (x = the number of the UART/Serial port you’re using).

SERIALx_PROTOCOL = 23
    SERIALx_OPTIONS = 4
    RSSI_TYPE = 3

Remember that any changes made to serial ports only take effect after a reboot of the controller.

Do you know if the radio is properly bound to the receiver?

thank you for your response. I went to the UART (Telem2)
because I am working with a pixhawl 2.4.8, I was told to go from the SRXL2 to a UART (e.g. Telem1 or Telem2). I had to make a cable because i could not find one to buy for some reason and I tried both UART telem 1 and 2 with no change.
Are the parameters you listed above for the pixhawl 2.4.8? because when I was reviewing that int the wiki there are stipulations for the pixhawl 2.4.8 that are confusing.
If you could clarify. I would appreciate it.
thanks

Those parameters would be correct for any type of controller. You just need to adjust the x value for your UART. In this case it would be SERIAL2_.

Be sure you have it wired per the instructions that Andy linked earlier in this thread.

OKAY thank you. I will double check this. I have has so much trouble with the Spektrum AR8010T that even my professor has struggled to connect this with the pixhawl 2,4,8, I am trying to change to something that seems to be more user friendly. I have a RadioMaster TX12 MKII 2.4GHz 16 Channel EdgeTX OpenTX Compact Radio Controller Mode 2 (ELRS) and a RadioMaster R88 V2 8CH FrSky D8 Compatible PWM/Sbus Receiver that I am going to try and connect with the pixhawl 2.4.8. Do you have any information in your files for this setup? I was looking and found some stuff but I figured I would ask for some direction. Thanks so much for all your help like how best to connect this received to the pixhawl etc. thanks again.

Everything you’ve asked has been in the wiki.

https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/common-rc-systems.html

https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/arduplane-setup.html

https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/plane-configuration-landing-page.html

Dear Alister, Hello there and thank you for the files. I appreciate all your help.
I have a couple other questions after working with the professor and trying to get my prepared:

1. We were working on the Spektrum AR8010T receiver with the Pixhawl 2.4.8 and we wound up connecting it from the Bind/Prog/SRSXL2 to telm2 ( see picture attached). I rebooted the fight control and this did not make any difference in resolving my problem.
    using SERIAL2 as the port:

SERIAL2_PROTOCOL = 23 (RCinput)

SERIAL2_OPTIONS = 4 (Half-Duplex)

RSSI_TYPE = 3

1. My other question has to do with the telemetry attachment that came with the pixhawl 2.4.8 that I purchased. There is no indication that the telemetry is working at all so I am going through the wiki and searching for possible software that might be needed. The Pixhawl which cost over $250.00 did not come with any directions at all. I found this landing page and wanted to see if I am in the correct location> Telemetry (landing page) — Plane documentation (ardupilot.org)

I appreciate any additional help you can give me. thank you very much.

ps… I was unable to work with the RaidMaster TX12 MKII 2.4GHz 16 Channel Radio Controller Mode 2 (ELRS) and a RadioMaster R88 V2 8CH FrSky D8 because they were not compatible. I need a receiver that has ELRS or the TX12 controller without ELRS in order to make this option work.

Can you show the other end of the connection? Which pin on the UART did you connect to?

thank you very much. Here are the pictures. It is going to Telem2.

Here is one more picture:

Hello, In regards to my second question:
2 In regards to my telemetry questions. I had some additional information to share. It seems like it is connected but it does not seem to be connected to ardupilot. I am getting an error code and I attached a picture. I have been trying to research the code to figure out what might be wrong. I purchased my telemetry with the pixhawl 2.4.8 so it would be a package. I found this landing page and wanted to see if I am in the correct location> Telemetry (landing page) — Plane documentation (ardupilot.org

That’s not an 8810T its a 6610T. I suspect its a listen-only device, you need to use this support to get it to work - Support SRXL2 listen-only devices by andyp1per · Pull Request #14341 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub. So try setting the bit in RC_OPTIONS and change RC_PROTOCOLS to be SRXL2 only.

are you answering someone else? I do not know what you are talking about.

Dear Allister, I hope you are doing well. I was wondering if you can help me. btw… I figured out my telemetry on my own and got it straightened around.
I have a couple of questions after going through the links you provided and I wondered if you or a manager can help me.

1. I am working on hooking up the RadioMaster TX12 MKII 2.4GHz 16 Channel EdgeTX OpenTX Compact Radio Controller Mode 2 (ELRS) and I had to get a ER6 Roadmaster express 2.4 receiver. With the ELRS it is hard to figure out how to hook up to the pixhawk ( like to which UART is best). Additionally, I am trying to figure out what protocol to follow in the links you sent but it is very confusing. Is it the crossfire? I am wondering if there is a splitter that would help to get this done.

2. Lastly in regards to Stetrum it seems I am down to the SRLXL2 and the handshake. I tried this from the small bit of directions that were sent but it is vague. It does not even say when to do the order of the shake. putting RC_option in bit 8 which I did did nothing. I pulled the actual specifications but this has way more steps than and is really complicated. Can you provide better directions?
    thank you very much.

I don’t use ELRS so I can’t offer much specific help. I can tell you that it uses the CRSF protocol so you would connected it to the pixhawk the same as you would a Crossfire receiver. I’m not sure why you’re asking for a splitter.

okay. i will reach out to management level.

haha, You understand this is an open source project supported by volunteers? I’m curious to know what management has to say.

I can not share that. thanks. good day. I am traveling now to get some support so I will not be able to respond to you.