SPM4651T with SRXL2

I do use type 3 as I’ve seen it somewhere. I have it on my HUD i Mission Planner. so it probably works.
just I think my transmitter doesn’t have option to display it.
But other than that. I am loving it ;).
GUI could be more user friendly, but other than that, it’s very good I like to have a control on anything I want.
Once again, thank you for your help

Interesting, I plugged it all back today, added SCA/SCL compass didn’t change any setting yet, but receiver is not working again

Ok so looks like, reboot with power plugged messes it up and it needs to power down completely and restart to pick up SRXL2 again

So its worth bearing in mind that the SRXL2 RX’s are quite power hungry - so make sure you are powering from somewhere reasonable (e.g. allow 200mA). Also the handshake protocol is a little dicey, although that doesn’t sound like your problem

I kind of looks like, when I reboot with “button” in mission planner, it does not connect back to receiver
But when I do main power cycle without disconnecting usb

it comes back

currently I am using laboratory PSU as a power source so it has up to 5A, so that’s not a problem I thin.

If you don’t cycle the power the RX won’t bootstrap - so that’s the problem

well there we go :wink: I guess that was my problem after all. I knew it’s something simple I was/ wasn’t doing.
Thank you for you patience

Andyp1per Thank you so much for the support. I spent this afternoon getting my receiver working… Ironically my settings were all correct… Wiring was good. But i didn’t have the latest firmware! Once I got the right firmware it all worked! (this is also my first post) I’m pumped to build a drone!

Has something changed in the Firmware? I can’t seem to get the Spektrum 4651T to communicate with the new Pixhawk Blue cubes. These are the ones with the orange architecture… Am I missing something? I have tried on both pins and tries several serial ports and nothing works…

HELP

Please post your parameters and firmware version

Firmware is Arducopter 4.0.7

Serial_Baud = 115
Serial_Option = 4
Serial_Protocol = 23

I have use these receivers before and was successful in setting it up, but for some reason I am have troubles… I do know that the old Blue Cube use the Black Cube architecture, and the new Blue Cubes use the Orange architecture, not sure if that is messing things up or not. I’m stuck…

I have tried Telemetry 1, 2 GPS1, and the SBusO (Serial5) none of them would connect. I do get a solid light on my receiver so I am bound. I also have tried both (TX and RX) pins on the serial ports. Still no connection of the radio.

Ric

Only supported in 4.1

Any idea when they will be regularly supported?

4.1 is in beta at the moment

I’m trying this in 4.1 Copter and was only able to get it to work if I forced SRXL2 with RC_PROTOCOL = 256.

Using an AR10100T

Interesting, it does not look like the kind of receiver that requires bootstrap, but forcing SRXL2 essentially makes sure this kind of bootstrap works so cannot hurt.

1 Like

I’ve got Pixhawk 4 and am looking for how to wire the srxl2 are people soldering straight onto the receiver and Pixhawk or am I missing something?

Need to be connected to a telemetry port / uart - so don’t use the RX or SPKT connector

But specifically how are people doing this? Soldering directly onto the receiver and pixhawk? Or is there some way of sourcing the connectors to make our own cables?