Spektrum DX6 - Mixing 6 Flight Modes for Plane

Could someone please help me figure out how to setup some mixing on my Spektrum DX6 transmitter? I want to support 6 modes from the transmitter and will need to emit PWM widths of around 1165, 1295, 1425, 1555, 1685, and 1815 milliseconds. I’m trying to acheive this using the 2-postiion switch C and the 3-position switch D. I currently can get the mixing to result in accessing four modes 1-4, but things get messed up with 5 and 6.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
-Todd

Have a look at http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-rc-transmitter-flight-mode-configuration.html

I just added a flight mode switcher (from Hobby King) to Taranis X9D+ with minimum fuss, that’d probably work in place of a 3 position switch, or you could buy a 6 position rotary switch. Having said all that, I’m not familiar with the Spectrum at all.
I did have 2 switches mixed on the old Orange RX T6 for 6 flight modes but it robs you of a valuable channel and switch.

Edit: sorry for hijacking this, I dont have a Spectrum and didnt answer your question. I just thought the flight mode switcher or a 6 pos switch might be something to keep in mind.

Not sure if this will help or hinder, maybe it will offer some clue. It’s the mixing I used on the ORX T6 and gave a reliable 6 flight modes on channel 5

ORX T6 transmitter
mixing for 6 flight modes using Gear (channel 5, 2 pos) and Flaps (channel 6, 3 pos)

Travel adj
Gear +60% -60%
Flap +60% -60%

Flaps
Norm -100
Mid 0
Land +100

Mix 1
Flap -> Gear
Rate D -60%
U +60%
Offset +15%

Thanks mboland and Xfacta. I’m circling back around to this project after a bit of a break. I’ve read through much of the information on the Ardupilot site where they go into detail about the RC Transmitter Flight Mode Configuration and was able to get the lower 3 mode setting working. I’m just running into problems getting my mind around the mixing process.

I appreciate the information you provided and it has helped me move forward. I’ll post my final results in the next several weeks.

Thanks again,
-Todd

You can do with with 2 switches on 1 channel

Yeah with most transmitters you can. The old Hobbyking ORX T6 is very limited. We don’t use that one anymore of course :slight_smile: