Spektrum AR 7700 and pixhawk

I ordered a 7700 and I am wondering how people are hooking it up to a pixhawk. It looks like I have three choices. serial, PPM or remote receiver input. Pros and cons to each? What’s working well for ya’ll ?

Regards,

David R. Boulanger

I never used serial input. I’ve used PPM and remote–both work great and are easy. PPM is best in my opinion, I don’t want to worry about running into any distance issues with a satellite receiver.
This is still a pretty good page to look at.

Thanks for your input. Up until now I have been using AR 8000 recievers with PPM encoders on my Pixhawks. The 7700 is for a refit of a DJI F450 that currently is using an APM 2.5 and an AR 7010 receiver. Transmitter is a Futaba super 8 FM, 2003 vintage, With a Spektrum DSM2 module and 1 watt amplifier. Its certainly going to clean up the wiring a lot with the Pixhawk/7700 combo.

Regards,
David R. Boulanger

I purchased Spektrum part number SPMAJST6 so i wouldn’t have to make a custom cable. This cable can be used to connect to the Remote RX port on the AR7700 to the SPKT port on the pixhawk. You will only need to use 1 half of this cable as it comes with 2 pieces. This will use the remote rx protocol which according to Spektrum is faster than PPM and also allows up to 18 channels vs 8 max on PPM. This connection allows you to connect a satellite receiver to the AR7700 as well.