Speed record jet models

There is sugested limit of 200mph and i know that the gps stops working at 550m/s. Present speed record for jets is about 208m/s, I have a design that should reach at least 250m/s. Does arduplane work for this speed or do i have to I have to change anything in the code for the record attempt.

I don’t think it will be a matter of the code (arduplane), but rather on the FC you are using and at which speed it works at.
Also how many other devices and sensors the FC has to look after. On top of that is the speed at which your receiver works and provides updates to the FC.

Idea: Why don’t you perform a slower test run and submit the .bin file so some of us can analyse how well your system (incl. FC) is performing. This will provide some indication if it would cope with the higher speed or not.

2 Likes

The vehicle dynamics is not faster than slower models as the wing area is reduced. I have tested models with twice the Gloads. But yr advice starting slow, in this case 75 m/s is concidered. First test will be without engine, just gliding after katapult launch.

The slow dynamics and high speed will result in large turn radius. :+1:

1 Like