Spammers

Hi Josh,

I just deleted 10 spammers from the APM Site Redesign Forum. They are some how getting though the sign-up filter.
Regards,
Tom C

I deleted 8 spammers from the Redesign Forum today
TCIII

Deleted 8 spammers from the Site Redesign Forum.
Regards,
TCIII

Spammers are really getting by the sign-up requirements. Then they post in the Site Redesign Forum. I deleted a spammper as he was adding spam.:slight_smile:
Regards,
Tom C

Hi Josh,
The sign-up process is worse than NING. Who is approving all of these obvious spammers as new members? Is it automatic? If there was human intervention during the sign-up process they would not be getting approved. Having to delete 10-20 spammers a day is getting old especially having to move between the Forum and the ACP just to delete a spammer.
Regards,
Tom C

There are WP tools to prevent that, what is annoying me right now is I have to login after every action.

@Gary,
From my experience moderating this website, members are automatically approved without moderator oversight like on the DIY Drones website.
The only thing that saves this website from a massive spam attack is that new topics or posts cannot be seen by legitimate members until approved by a moderator. However, this has made some members unhappy because there is not instantaneous approval of every post or topic each day as on the DIY Drones site.
Every morning and at least 5 times a day I delete spam post and topics and obvious spammers who have registered overnight on the site.
If moderators had oversight on membership approval, spammers would be stopped at the front door in most cases.
I just deleted about 30 spammers and their post this morning.
Regards,
Tom C

I deleted 48 spammers this morning and it is only the start of the day. If the moderators over at DIYD think they have it bad, just come over here.:slight_smile:
Regards,
TCIII Admin

I’m with you Thomas, joining in the fun here now as well. Perhaps we ought to tighten up the sign up requirements.

Also don’t we need a general tab around here for just sort of those discussions?

Hi Gary,
Thanks, I can really use the help. I can usually handle some of the ArduPlane and ArduCopter questions and all of the ArduRover questions, but we really need some good support here to keep the members coming back.
Regards,
Tom C