Some difficulty setting up Mission Planner

At the outset let me apologise if I am in the incorrect forum. I am both a newcomer to quad-copter flying and also to this forum so as you can see I have a steep learning curve ahead.

I am using Mission Planner 1.3.33 build 1.1.5820.11240 and I have a newly acquired CX-20 (Quanum Nova) and after battling to get it flying properly in the first instance searching the Internet soon put me onto Mission Planner. Unhappily in the first tries I collided with a tree and damaged the upper shell and lost a propelled nut. I have replaced the shell and the missing nut.

I have used MP to set the 'copter up and although I passed through all 16 steps although the compass setting is somewhat tricky and I am not sure that I have set it properly. I would also like to reduce the take-off speed. Previously the only way I could get into the air was to give it full throttle otherwise it just tipped over on it’s side.

1.) Can I redo individual steps of the setup procedure or do I have to start again and if so where do I start?

2.) In the same vein can I reduce “take off” speed which was previously unchanged. I have watched YouTube videos

where the flyer takes off gently and I can’t do that.

3.) The copter still has a tendency to “lean” backwards and unless I up the throttle it will tip over onto it’s back motor arms. Is this fixable using the trims, and do I have to adjust the trims before every flight?

I intend fitting a recently acquired G2D gimbal set and an SJ14000 camera and I want to make sure that the quad is properly setup and that I can fly it satisfactorily before hanging expensive equipment underneath it

If this is possible can you describe the steps I should follow please? Any and all help will be gratefully received

Regards, Ewen, Hamilton Victoria Australia

A little help:

[color=#0000FF]1.) Can I redo individual steps of the setup procedure or do I have to start again and if so where do I start?
[/color]
If you’re using the wizard, it will want you to start at the beginning and finish in order. Or you can use the setup page and do/redo the steps as you wish.

[color=#0000FF]2.) In the same vein can I reduce “take off” speed which was previously unchanged. I have watched YouTube videos where the flyer takes off gently and I can’t do that.
[/color]
Slow takeoffs are not advisable. You need to punch about 5 feet in the air to clear the ground-effect messed up airflow. A dragging piece of landing gear can also tip your MR over. I know, it’s scary; but pop it up in the air and let it settle.

[color=#0000FF]3.) The copter still has a tendency to “lean” backwards and unless I up the throttle it will tip over onto it’s back motor arms. Is this fixable using the trims, and do I have to adjust the trims before every flight?[/color]
Sound like a balance problem. Most airframes are designed for the battery weight to be in the back balancing the camera/gimbal weight in the front. Either adjust your battery position or hang a weight equivalent to your camera gear in the front.