SOLVED: Unable to Upgrade CubeOrangePlus to 4.5

I’m a newbie and been having trouble loading Rover 4.5 on my Cube Orange Plus. My attempts always end with “No response from board”

Mission Planner times out when scanning com ports to do the upgrade and never finds it. I’m on Windows 11 w/ latest updates. Same outcome on another W11 machine. I dug through past forum messages and tried most obvious things recommended. Mission Planner was installed no later that late December version 1.3.81 on my main machine. Here is what I have tried:

• flushed all of the com port drivers via CTRL-F hitting “driver clean”
  • installed latest STM32 virtual com port driver from their web site
  • confirmed com port baud rate in windows matched MP baud rate
  • multiple reboots
  • MP connects just fine for all my other work w/ configuration
  • Attempted QGC w/ similar outcome
  • MP offered reloading bootloader. I tried that and it would immediately say it was successful, but that is impossible given the immediate response
  • tried 2 baud rates: 57,600 and 115200
  • I swapped cables and plug directly into the PC (no hub)

My FC is working just fine, I’d like to upgrade to the latest only because I have not gone “live” yet with my mower

This an excerpt from the console
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.Firmware - 269 Trying Port COM28
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.Firmware - 269 Trying Port COM10
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.Firmware - 334 Trying identify COM28
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.Firmware - 336 Trying identify COM10
INFO MissionPlanner.Comms.WinSerialPort - Closing port COM28
INFO MissionPlanner.Comms.WinSerialPort - Closing port COM10

Com28 is the port I use for normal MP connection. Windows device mgr shows Microsoft as the driver and not the STM32 VCP I installed.

Any thoughts or next steps?
Thanks,
Ron Zika

after posting my question, I manually downloaded the 4.5.1 firmware and manually loaded it. That appears to have solved it. Thanks