[ solved ] invalid com ports or in use

This is a solution for the above problem, when the telemetry air module is connected to the PC using the FTDI MODULE / USB TO TTL CONVERTER.
POSSIBLE REASONS :

1. any two devices when connected to the same COM port - arises this problem
  2. Absence of required USB TO UART BRIDGE CONTROLLER drivers i.e of versions 6.7.5 / 6.7.6

SOLUTION 1 :

1. Type device manager in the start menu and open it
  2. connect the air module
  3. check it’s presence in PORTS ( COM & LPT ) section
  4. Check if any other device is connected in that section other than the air module
  5. Disable the other device and try using mission planner.
    This is solution 1. if this doesn’t work please follow solution 2 below

SOLUTION :2

1. install x64 drivers by dowloading it from the below link
    CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Driver | USB Driver
  2. download CP 210X drivers version 6.7.6
    CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers - Silicon Labs
  3. DEVICE MANAGER → AIR MODULE → RIGHT CLICK → UPDATE DRIVERS → BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVERS → BROWSE TO THE CP 210X drivers version 6.7.6 FOLDER → CLICK OK.
  4. Now try it out in the MISSION PLANNER. it definitely works.

Below is a scientific explanation of the problem, if you have some time give it a read to understand the problem clearly.

I HOPE YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLVED…HAPPY DRONING

SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION OF THE PROBLEM

1. The FTDI module you’ve connected doesn’t operate with the Universal serial bus connection( USB ) i.e the data will not be transmitted in this Serial bus.
  2. The data transfer happens in an ASYNCHRONOUS manner in these type of hardware devices specifically telemtry.
  3. So we should have a drivers which converts the Serical bus data transmission to ASYNCHRONOUS data transmission and those drivers are callled USB TO UART BRIDGE CONTROLLER DRIVERS
    UART : UNIVERSAL ASYNCHRONOUS RECIEVER & TRANSMITTER
  4. Specifically 6.7.6 version of drivers are required as the latest versions of microsoft drivers are not supporting the UART devices.